- Sealing big objects efficiently can be done using the professionel pump and gel in 30 liter buckets. This way a bigger amount of PERMAGEL can be injected into the wall very fast, e.g. with hollow bricks, double-leaf walls, etc.
- This model is meant for professional users, e.g. construction companies, craftman's establishments, etc.
- PERMAGEL in buckets is storable for at least 3 years
- The professional pump weighs only 22 kg, so it can easily be brought in the basement
All damp and wet areas in buildings are principally sealable with the pump and the PERMAGEL.
Here it is possible to differentiate between standard or special sealing.
Standard sealings include:
- horizontal barriers
- Cross moisture penetration of the wall
- selective wet spots
Special sealings include:
- hollow blocks
- hidden cavities
- moisture under the screed/ tiles
- expansion joints
- old masonry
- natural stones
- historical buildings
- buildings classified as historical monuments
Through the low swelling pressure in the masonry (max. 2,5 bar) there is no risk that already crumbly joint material bursts. The self grouting of the PERMAGEL achieves a great degree of dispersion of the sealing gel down to the farthest cavities.
Application in buildings:
- basement walls
- around light shafts
- connection to cellar staircase
- vaulted ceilings
- living area: moisture next to terrace and balcony doors
- window reveals
- moisture next to plastic window frames
- leaking facades/wall linings
- fire wall in terraced houses bordering to neighbor
Application in underground car parks:
- expansion joints between the concrete elements
- construction joints
- building connections
- cellar hallway towards garage
- raising moisture between concrete pillar and ground
Application on flat roofs:
- mouldings that suffer from enhanced torsion through wind load
- implementation of roof hatches
- elevator shafts
- wherever movement occurs
We are happy to provide information and consult you regarding all applications.
To give you a short overview about the mode of action and application of PERMAGEL we compiled the most important points.
- Not all the cavities and voids on the masonry must be necessarily reached by the placed drillings due to the self grouting effect of the gel concentrate.
- Within a short period of time the water within a radius of 15-20 cm around each drilling in the wall will be transformed into sealant. Therefore, a much bigger drill spacing is possible while performing wall injections and horizontal barriers.
- When sealant and water get in contact it generates a slight swelling pressure (approx. 2.5 bar) and self-sufficiently grouts up to the exterior wall of the masonry or down towards the foundation. Consequently all waterways are sealed.
- Cracks in stones
- Breaks between joint mortar and stone flanks
- Open and sandy grout cavity, faults etc.
The gel doesn`t grout into the stone structure but into open pores and capillaries up to 1 μm. Our gel is not a hydrophobing agent to impregnate the stone. Anyhow, sealing a hollow block or a perforated brick with PERMAGEL is at the moment the easiest and most economical method.
- Approx. 6-7 drillings per meter with a spacing of approx. 15cm needs to be prepared to create a horizontal barrier. To reach the waterways between joint mortar and brick it needs to be drilled in an angle of approx. 45° around 30-35cm deep through 2-3 grout layers.
- In case of a wall injection against crosswise moisture penetration due to faulty or missing exterior waterproofing, 25 packers with gel are required with spacing of approx. 20 cm. Approx. 150 – 600 ml gel per drilling are injected depending on the condition and year of construction of the masonry. Due to the high water transformation ability of the gel (1:150), these amounts are enough to cover up to 90 l of water per drilling.
- The sealing with the gel in a solid structure (e.g. masonry or joints) functions from 0.1 to 40 bar external pressure. This means that the linear increasing water pressure from the bottom or the outside is compensated by a constantly 8 to10% higher swelling pressure.
- In case of older buildings with strip foundations the accumulated water is pressed under the foundation and is rising up at the internal wall between the screed and wall connection (principle of communicating vessels/spirit level). Here, a barrier can be created through a hollow sealing with PERMAGEL which can permanently seal a region of approx. 1 m parallel to the exterior wall, the screed, the tiles etc.
- Sometimes it occurs that in modern buildings with water-impermeable paving slabs, concrete walls inter alia, the external sealing is faulty or water enters the contact area between wall and paving slab where the leakages are difficult and work intensive to locate. The penetrating water spreads under the screed in the entire room or basement. In this case drillings can be created into the cross joints of the paving tiles (without damaging these) up to the floor slabs where round about 2-3 l sealing gel is injected, which self-sufficiently spreads into all directions under the screed and therefore finds and seals the leakages on the exterior wall. This procedure to seal hidden cavities and leaks is new and in contrast to traditional procedures it is very clean and economical.
- Pricing of PERMAGEL compared to the market standard applications of 2-component PU- resin, hydrophobing agents, special parafine etc. Per injection side approx. 200-500 ml of sealing gel is needed to transform 30-75 l water in the wall into a sealant. As a result a significantly lower number of drillings is required e.g. for wall injections (25 units, spacing 20 cm), for horizontal barriers (approx. 6-7 units, spacing 15 cm), for aimed leakage injections (only 1-2 drillings per wet area). Thus, the price per running meter or square meter of PERMAGEL is at least 20-50% below the present market price.
- We guarantee that the sealing gel has an effect of at least 10 years and is suitable for 36 months of storage.
- Long-term experiences: PERMAGEL is professionally used on a large scale since approx. 6 years - by housing associations, municipalities, property managements, private people, etc. - without leading to any defects (references upon request).Our sealing gel was even able to permanently seal challenging cases which were treated unsuccessfully by other companies beforehand.
The pump has been developed especially for the injection of PERMAGEL. As the PERMAGEL already contains water all material touched parts are made of stainless steel to prevent corrosion. This results in the major advantage that the sealing gel does not have to be removed and the pump does not have to be cleaned after the daily use. The PERMAGEL is still processible after several weeks, the pump can just be turned on when required and the work can be continued. Thereby, the common and daily cleaning of the pump and consequently the associated costs for personnel, cleaning material and disposal costs are eliminated. There are no special protective measures necessary for the personnel when processing the PERMAGEL.