PERMAGEL Do-It-Yourself Set
- seal the damp areas in your home yourself
- fast and easy handling
- the penetrating water is transformed into sealant
- without toxic substances
- constantly active sealant – even still effective in 15 years
- 1 unit hand press
- 1 unit tube + 1 unit safety valve
- 6 units of 400 ml cartridges with sealing gel
- 10 units plastic packer
- 1 unit riveting pin
Rising dampness from the foundations. Creation of a horizontal barrier. Horizontal barrier under the molding towards the ground floor. Wall injections if the exterior sealing is faulty or nonexistent, approx. 20-25 packer/ gel per square meter. Leaking light shaft connections or next to basement windows. Connections to the exterior basement staircase. Under cracked screed, under tiled floors, without damaging the tiles.
Cavities and joints towards the building. In moldings and roof corners of the garage flat roof. Floor corners of the garage and next to the garage door. Lower wall areas against rising dampness.
Sealing of balcony doorframe towards the masonry as well as terrace doors and windows. Damp and moldy window reveals. Sealing of the plastic window frame towards the masonry.Seal chimney connections against condensation in interior living space.
Old buildings, trademarked memorial buildings:
Gentle sealing without a high sealing pressure is required. Non-uniform natural stones with old and unknown jointing material should be injected over the joints, in a thought-out way without a drilling matrix through the large-sized stone. Due to the high self grouting level of the PERMAGEL even 150cm of wall thickness can be sealed. Especially the connections between the different construction materials of infilling masonry in timber stud frames stay leak proof with the permanently elastic PERMAGEL.
The PERMAGEL applications can also be performed directly through the existing interior plaster. The requirement is that the plaster is not to heavily salt loaded and firm plaster. The old plaster has to be removed and replaced if it has moldy and crumbly areas. This needs to be decided on site in every individual case.
To give you a short overview about the mode of action and application of PERMAGEL we compiled the most important points.
- Not all the cavities and voids on the masonry must be necessarily reached by the placed drillings due to the self grouting effect of the gel concentrate.
- Within a short period of time the water within a radius of 15-20 cm around each drilling in the wall will be transformed into sealant. Therefore, a much bigger drill spacing is possible while performing wall injections and horizontal barriers.
- When sealant and water get in contact it generates a slight swelling pressure (approx. 2.5 bar) and self-sufficiently grouts up to the exterior wall of the masonry or down towards the foundation. Consequently all waterways are sealed.
- Cracks in stones
- Breaks between joint mortar and stone flanks
- Open and sandy grout cavity, faults etc.
The gel doesn`t grout into the stone structure but into open pores and capillaries up to 1 μm. Our gel is not a hydrophobing agent to impregnate the stone. Anyhow, sealing a hollow block or a perforated brick with PERMAGEL is at the moment the easiest and most economical method.
- Approx. 6-7 drillings per meter with a spacing of approx. 15cm needs to be prepared to create a horizontal barrier. To reach the waterways between joint mortar and brick it needs to be drilled in an angle of approx. 45° around 30-35cm deep through 2-3 grout layers.
- In case of a wall injection against crosswise moisture penetration due to faulty or missing exterior waterproofing, 25 packers with gel are required with spacing of approx. 20 cm. Approx. 150 – 600 ml gel per drilling are injected depending on the condition and year of construction of the masonry. Due to the high water transformation ability of the gel (1:150), these amounts are enough to cover up to 90 l of water per drilling.
- The sealing with the gel in a solid structure (e.g. masonry or joints) functions from 0.1 to 40 bar external pressure. This means that the linear increasing water pressure from the bottom or the outside is compensated by a constantly 8 to10% higher swelling pressure.
- In case of older buildings with strip foundations the accumulated water is pressed under the foundation and is rising up at the internal wall between the screed and wall connection (principle of communicating vessels/spirit level). Here, a barrier can be created through a hollow sealing with PERMAGEL which can permanently seal a region of approx. 1 m parallel to the exterior wall, the screed, the tiles etc.
- Sometimes it occurs that in modern buildings with water-impermeable paving slabs, concrete walls inter alia, the external sealing is faulty or water enters the contact area between wall and paving slab where the leakages are difficult and work intensive to locate. The penetrating water spreads under the screed in the entire room or basement. In this case drillings can be created into the cross joints of the paving tiles (without damaging these) up to the floor slabs where round about 2-3 l sealing gel is injected, which self-sufficiently spreads into all directions under the screed and therefore finds and seals the leakages on the exterior wall. This procedure to seal hidden cavities and leaks is new and in contrast to traditional procedures it is very clean and economical.
- Pricing of PERMAGEL compared to the market standard applications of 2-component PU- resin, hydrophobing agents, special parafine etc. Per injection side approx. 200-500 ml of sealing gel is needed to transform 30-75 l water in the wall into a sealant. As a result a significantly lower number of drillings is required e.g. for wall injections (25 units, spacing 20 cm), for horizontal barriers (approx. 6-7 units, spacing 15 cm), for aimed leakage injections (only 1-2 drillings per wet area). Thus, the price per running meter or square meter of PERMAGEL is at least 20-50% below the present market price.
- We guarantee that the sealing gel has an effect of at least 10 years and is suitable for 36 months of storage.
- Long-term experiences: PERMAGEL is professionally used on a large scale since approx. 6 years - by housing associations, municipalities, property managements, private people, etc. - without leading to any defects (references upon request).Our sealing gel was even able to permanently seal challenging cases which were treated unsuccessfully by other companies beforehand.
Damp and wet places in the house are not only annoying but also a breeding ground for future mold. Often, there are only small patches of wetness on different areas which grow bigger if there is nothing done about it. Now you have the opportunity, without a big effort, to stop the invading water targeted with the Do-it-yourself-Set. Therefore, following items are required:
- A drilling machine with a concrete drill: Diameter of 18mm and 400mm long.
- A caulking hammer and chisel, if the old plaster has to be removed and to uncover the masonry joints.
- The Do-it-yourself-Set with packers and sealing gel.
- A bag of leakproof mud and if necessary refurbishing interior plaster
Technical Data Sheets:
Data sheet 1
Patent and Industrial Property Rights:
We will be happy to provide you with the patent application upon request.